INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Rain

Albeit we could use the rain, it's taking me back to June when we had so much rain that we were having flooding issues here in our little town. And it's cold, a really bone chilling cold kind of rain that once it gets you wet you have a hard time warming up again.

I want to be able to get back to sleep but alas a few things have occurred as to make me wake up in the middle of the night;

*our daughter snuck into bed with me while I was sleeping- my husband came in and gave her the boot hence waking me up the first time.

*when my husband came to bed, he was cold! I mean meat locker cold! I told him that it should be illegal for anyone to get into bed and cuddle up next to their loved one and be that darn cold!

*the pounding rain and the wind. This is day #3 and frankly enough already! It's hard to get back to sleep when all you hear is rain beating against your house. And it doesn't help that there was a train going by at 3:15 am tooting it's horn ever so loudly, LOL! Most time I don't hear it but tonight it was so clear. I can only imagine how loud it must be for those folks that actually live in houses near the train tracks, the sound must be deafening.

So here I am, cold and wide awake when I had been warm and cozy in a deep blissful slumber. Something is just not right here...I can finally get some sleep and what happens? I'm rudely awakened by my freezing cold spouse, LOL! My eyes are too tired to even attempt to do some counted cross stitching or to work on the hand sewing that's required for stitching on the binding on to the 2 table runners I just finished quilting. I'll try reading, that always relaxes me enough to help me to get back to sleep. I really want to be asleep!


No comments: