INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Monday, October 20, 2008

Quilting and Crafting

It would be safe to say that I'm a crafting junkie. It seems as if I've always got to have some sort of quick crafting "fix", be it a card making project, small sewing project or a cooking project Ü.

Speaking of sewing projects...I'm on the tail end of Hannah's quilt! I'm sewing the 2nd border which consists of a lot of 2½ x 8½ inch rectangles. The corners are mitered and even though it might look as if it was easy to do, I'm here to tell you that it wasn't. I got through half of the quilt top's 2nd border. What a long process it is to sew hundreds of these narrow strips of fabric together. Once this quilt top is done I'll be sending it off to be professionally quilted! I want this quilt to have a professional looking finish and I've decided to use one of the members of the quilters guild who does long arm quilting (one who has been highly recommended).

Time to wake the family, get kids off to school, husband off to work and me out the door for a crafting group meet up and after that I've got some errands to get done.

No comments: