INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Friday, October 03, 2008

Paper Crafting and coffee- 2 of my favorite things!

Here I am, up before the crack of dawn...again. When I wake up at 2 or 3 am, it's no wonder why I have to take a nap in the afternoon. I wonder if it's too early to start my pot of coffee and just get on with the start of my day OR should I make some attempt at getting back to sleep? I tried for nearly an hour to get back to sleep-obviously without much success.

So lets talk about Paper Crafts! I've been a card making Momma this past week or so. I've been making a wide range of cards too- from birthday to thank you and thinking of you to Halloween and a large number of "we've moved" cards. I'm feeling the need to "beef up" my stash of greeting cards. Recently, I've been feeling this overwhelming "urge" to make more greeting cards. Maybe it has to do with cleaning out my scrapbook nook of unused tools and supplies and the desire to get back into the groove of making stuff. I want to use my supplies and share them and what better way to accomplish both things than in making and sending greetings cards!

Now that I'm thinking about it, I need to make some get well cards. I'm down to having 3 of them on hand and with cold and flu season coming upon us quickly- I better get to work on them and fast! I also want to work on some more "welcome to the neighborhood" cards for new homeowners here in our subdivision.

If you make cards, what are the kinds of cards that you make? The most popular are birthday and Christmas cards. The wife of one of my husbands childhood friends sends us a lovely hand made Christmas card each year. And each year she incorporates a picture of her children into the card. I love it! Now if I could actually get my children to cooperate so I could get a picture of the 2 of them together... But that's where these little school photo's come into play, tuck those into a Holiday card and there you are!

Okay it's been over 2 hours and I'm still not sleepy, I might was well make that post of coffee and get on with my day.

No comments: