INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Starting a new project or two...

Snow does strange things to me...it has me rearranging furniture in various rooms in our house and wanting to do more home improvement projects. Trust me, I always have some sort of home improvement project in the back of my mind.

We're rearranged the furniture in the living room and I love it! It's made the room feel more cozy and intimate and not such a big open space. the way we had the furniture arranged before was not conducive to conversation- furniture on one side of the room TV on the other side-blah! Just a bit of changing how things are arranged gives one a whole new outlook.

How long does it take to cut over 300 rectangles and a couple of dozen squares for a large size quilting project? Just a little over 3 hours is how long! Oh my aching back! And I still haven't finished, I still need to cut the fabric for the borders, binding and backing-ugh! What I wouldn't give to get one of those fancy shamcy cutting tables like my Mom has in her sewing room! They're currently on sale over at Hancock Fabrics but knowing my luck they're probably made in China, LOL! And of course then I'm also left with a storage issue- where would I keep it when I wasn't using it?

I've been talking about getting started on the project for MONTHS and it's official, I've gone and cut the bulk of the fabric for the project. Man oh man are my back muscles aching and my elbow throbbing like I hit it with a hammer! Hunched over the dining room table for a few hours with a ruler and a rotary cutter will do that to anyone. I hope that Hannah appreciates all of the work that's going into this project, because it's going to be a long process getting all of it together. Now to lay out the squares and get sewing on all of those rectangles and turning them into squares. I've got to clean up the formal dining room as I'm hosting crafting group at my house...where oh where is that vacuum cleaner of ours gotten off to?

Is it Tea Time yet? I'm so hungry for scones, jam and tea it's not funny! I see that I'm going to have to break down and make some scones!

No comments: