INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

medical insurance-don't make me laugh!

I have a story to make you laugh, for those of you that are married to spouses who are serving in the US military it will leave you with a smirk on your face.

Okay here goes...I go downtown to the medical supply store to pick up my elbow brace but wait- they don't have it BUT they can order it and get it in about 4 to 6 weeks. Um, hello I kind of need it um, TODAY Please!!! It would have been nice that they told this to the Major who called them earlier that day and made arrangements for me to drive downtown and pick one up there. More on the place I was sent to- it's a little hole in the wall kind of place, right next to the train tracks through the center of town, lined with a few rickety old shelves with scattered stock. If you ask me, it looks rather fly by night. So this place sent me off to another place who "might" have what I'm looking for (did they call to see if they had the elbow brace before I went there- NO). As I'm on my way to this 2nd medical supply store who may or may not have what I need, I'm about to pass a Walgreen's store, a screech of the tires and I made a quick detour into the Walgreen's parking lot! I take my paper work and script for the brace and ask the pharmacist to help me. I got more help at a Walgreen's than I did from a medical supply store and I actually came home with what I needed! How stinking sad is that??? So much for having insurance that is supposed to pay for this brace- but then again I probably saved the government at least $100 by buying it myself! How much did it cost me? A mere $14, and if I had been able to get it at the medical supply store they probably would have bilked my insurance for at least $65, I'm sure of it!

Now as for the brace it's self, it's comfortable, machine washable and as you know- black goes with everything, LOL! Kudos and many thanks go to Walgreen's and their excellent customer service! They've got me coming back as a loyal customer!

No comments: