INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Patience

The challenge and the gift- for me it's all about being patient. For me... Needlework and Quilting are 100% about being patient and taking your time, there are things that can not be rushed and these are 2 of them. Scrapbooking and card making are my crafting "quick fix" and produce a completed project in a fast manner.

I'm starting to feel rather "zen" when I quilt. I organize my place before I start quilting and tidy up when I'm done for the day. I tend to do my best work when it's quite and no one is around me. Scrapbooking on the other hand, well it can be quite messy at time and leave a rather large mess (from all of the stuff I drag out). But either way I'm glad that I have become the well rounded crafter that I am today. When asked "Sandie, isn't there anything that you don't do?" Oh yeah there are lots of crafting things that I'm interested in but I for what ever reason, I don't DO them...Stained Glass, Knitting, Tatting, Oil Painting, Carpentry, Rug Making, and Basket Weaving to name a few, LOL!

I was talking with my friend Irene last night and she was telling me how she recently took a beading class (it was on Thursday, that's why she didn't make it to lunch with us) and she was telling me how expensive her beading hobby had become. Funny things about her beading hobby and my quilting hobby- first off the 2 shops are right next door to one another (no joke) and secondly hobbies in general they seem to take on a life of their own. We got a good laugh out of telling one another about how we started small with our hobbies and now we both look at items (me at fabric & thread and she at beads and bead like items) with a new eye. We can look at an item and see things that we want to create with said item. But it also take time to create (this is where patience is the key factor). Sit down and draw out the plans, taking ones time to bring those creative ideas out into the light. I had to laugh because I told Irene that at least beading take up a pretty small space- then she replied "go right ahead and think that" and she laughed. Apparently beading can become quite addictive and you find yourself buying oodles becase they are small and before you know it, you'll have an armoire filled with boxes and baggies full of beads of various colors, shapes and sizes. I'm happy to stick with fabrics and threads Ü

No comments: