INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

crafty ideas

Last night as I was stitching the binding on one of my Halloween themed table runners I decided to go ahead with something that I had on a back burner on simmer...to make a table runner of the month. Then it occurred to me that not only could I make monthly cute quilted table runners for my own home BUT that I could make a table runner of the month kit and sell it on Etsy. Hm mm, I've got to do more thinking on this. I could include patterns with detailed directions and fabrics to make the top and binding. It's an idea that I need to gather more information on as I'm unable to buy fabric whole sale and I really wouldn't want to have an entire bolt of any one print. Quilters are very much like scrapbookers as they are always looking for new and different patterned fabrics. They too want the latest and greatest items that come on the market. I have to do more research into this before I even attempt anything of the sort.

I'm on the tail end of this quilt top and then my husbands says to me...Honey I see that you didn't do the double inner border are you planning on adding as a single border? EEEK! I Thank the Lord every day for my husband! You see the pattern was for a lap quilt that I converted into a twin sized pattern and I had forgot that in my calculations that I had decided on putting in a double border- oops! But I like it better this way, with the solid border, then the pieced border and then another solid border then the binding. I figure that I better start adding pictures so you all will know what the heck I'm talking about.

Now for me to get to work and have another delicious mug of Dunkin Donuts Coffee, oh yeah! No Dunkin Donuts out here anywhere (I don't even know if there's one in the entire state) but we have their coffee...I'm sooooo happy!

No comments: