INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, October 04, 2008

Boo! It's October!

So what does that mean for my family? Halloween decorations! I wanted to go into town this morning to see if the Hobby Lobby had the batting I require for the twin quilt I've been puttering away on and procrastinating on finishing up. Unbeknownst to me, my husband and daughter had made plans of their own to go into town. Before I knew it, Hannah had called shotgun, my husband was in the drivers seat and I was stuck in the back seat of my own automobile! So off to town we go- me riding in the back of my own car...something just isn't right here, LOL!
I set out to buy Warm Co. 100% cotton batting, an entire bolt of it new in box! How much comes on a bolt? 20 yards! I used a 40% off coupon and I am one happy lady! Now I can make all of my Christmas presents and NOT have to drive back into town unless I really want to, LOL! I figure that I'm saving oodles on having to drive into town, hoping that the store has what I want in stock. The best the batting ever goes on sale for is 30% off and lets face it 40% off is much better no matter how you slice it! I've got quite a few quilting projects planned, 2 items that currently need to be quilted and I'm about to start on some more table runners. I plan on using my Sizzix machine and making an appliqued Turkey table runner- this will be a crack up to say the least!

Now for what my husband and daughter set out to buy- Halloween decorations what else, LOL! So what did they come home with? Okay first it's 2 packages of spider webbing for the front porch. Then we went to Sam's Club- I'm getting some food stuffs and checking out prices on Queen Size mattresses (we need to replace ours before our next move). Meanwhile those two are looking at other things...weird things. What do we come home with? An automated motion activated gargoyle, just what every home needs right? We are going to scare the crap out of kids this year (more chocolate candies for us right?). I'm from California and we we never got into Halloween like the folks in New England do. I've seen some of the most outrageously decorated front yards ever while in Massachusetts. That is a set of folks that take Halloween seriously, LOL! maybe it has something to do with the Salem Witch trials, who really knows? LOL!

Here I am contemplating dinner and the rest of my family takes off...going to the mall for what? More spooky stuff for the house for Halloween. I'm got to finish up my Halloween table runners while they're not around- it's a surprise! Hah! I can play too! Now to drag out the ironing board and get to work on pressing some fabric...I've got some crafting to do and quick!

No comments: