INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Every Day is a Gift

To quote a character from one of my all time favorite movies "It's a Wonderful Life"... "One life touches so many others. Don't you see George? You've been given a real gift". Now, who knows who said those lines? Give up? It's Clarence of course!

All of us at some point in time have experienced moments of sadness, thought that no one cares about them. There may even be some that think the world may be without hope- as for myself, I don't believe that for one minute! One life can touch so many others, I really believe that with all my heart! I didn't have the easiest of childhoods nor were my teen years what I would consider to be the best years of my life, LOL! But my life experiences have made me the person that I am today. I hope that by leading by example that I can show my children how to be compassionate and giving of themselves, tolerant and understanding, frugal yet generous, loving and kind to all things. We all have a gift, God made sure of it!

Throughout the years no matter where the Air Force has sent us, I've made it my personal mission to plant the seeds of kindness and to reap the flowers of friendship. To make friends from all walks of life, to gain knowledge and (to borrow a quote from Mary Engelbreit) To Bloom Where I am Planted! My next stop on this journey will take me many thousands of miles (and an ocean) away from my friends here in America. But they will all be just one click away from my computer key board! In this modern era one never has to leave friends behind, especially when we've got the internet and a fantastic long distance calling plan!

I've planted the seeds and have started cultivating new friendships in the UK. I can't begin to tell you how much I look forward to seeing all of the wonderful ladies in person!

3 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

Right back at ya gal.. looking forward to meeting you.

Anonymous said...

I think you will love it here - especially after all the snow you've have. The kettle is on and waiting and the days have been beautiful! :) Cheers

Sandie said...

I LOVE tea! You should see my tea pot and tea cup collections (of which I hope to add to while I'm there in the UK). I've been collecting tea cups since I was 16 years old :-)