INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

It's Tuesday Gromit!

It's been a better than average kind of day for me. I'm a firm believer that things happen for a reason- and today, God most certainly had a reason why things happened the way they did.

A girlfriend took me to the car rental store and everything happened from there....



My rental car was not there when I arrived at the car rental store so they gave me a SUV- fine by me! I got to have it for most of the day and with that...I went to Sam's Club to see if they carried that super cool wheelbarrow I saw in their spring catalog. I was happy to see that they did! I take the ticket up from to have the sales clerk ring up the sale and I asked another clerk if she could get one of the guys to help me with the parts -there was the barrow part and the rest of it came in a box. I waited for a bit and there it was...the salesman had one all put together for me :-) I didn't have to put it together, I got one that was done :-) It was my lucky day! Then as I was at the tailgate of the SUV another young man who worked at the Store saw me and asked me if I would like some help getting it into the back of the truck, I said "thank you yes". And he put it in the back of the truck. I drove off happy as a clam and took my new prize home. After unloading the wheel barrow, I went out to the quilt shop to find flannel printed fabric that would be suitable to make a lambie out of, found some adorable polka dot fabric and it was on sale for 25% off- this is getting sweeter by the minute! I went to another quilt shop and found flannel on clearance for the whopping low price of $3.00 a yard- woohoo! This day gets better and better!

I turned in the SUV and got what I thought was to be my rental car for the next month. But then one of the guys tells me to come back on Friday as they will have some more cars, ones that are clean. That's right, they are going to switch out my car again. I'm not bothered by this at all, actually it makes me happy to know that there are people out there who believe that customer service is #1 and making their customers happy is a top priority.

But wait I'm not done yet! I take my M.E. quilt top and backing to be professionally quilted by Vicky over at Cakes and More in Rapid City (love that shop of hers as it always smells like chocolate). I'm looking for a posey flower kind of pattern and she doesn't have one- many other floral patterns but not what I'm looking for. She gives me 2 web sites that she orders from and asks me to look at them when I get home. I get home and there's the new hard drive for Hannah's laptop- I get it installed and them start the boot up process and am side tracked by that. Vicky calls me and asks me if I'd had a chance to look at either of the websites yet I had to tell her know that again I got sidetracked with other stuff. She lets me know that she thinks that she's found what I'm looking for, I hop on my handy dandy desk top, go to the website and there it is...the posy flowers. Perfect! She's ordering the pattern so she can quilt my quilt top, Now how awesome is that? There it is, another business person giving 110% to customer service! She does excellent work and I'd recommend her to any and everyone I know that quilts! Which reminds me, I've got to get my batik quilt backing sewn together...I've got that on my Wednesday to do list ;-)



1 comment:

Julia Dunnit said...

It's your turn tohave it all slot into place. Isn't it a marvellous day.