INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

waiting...

My Monday was spent like my Friday- waiting for others.

*Waiting for the city to have their public works employees make our streets wider (we got an awful lot of snow out here with this last storm). By the grace of God our developer (who happens to actually lives in our neighborhood) took care of us even though many don't realize it. This man is like a shepherd watching over his flock, several times during the storm I personally witnessed him plowing the roads with his front end loader. Making sure that people could get out or emergency workers could get in if someone needed medical attention. So I say to you, if you live in my neighborhood give a nod of thanks to Ken S., he's a great guy who deserves a pat on the back! Other subdivisions do not have this kind of thing going on AT ALL...they are left to wait for the city.

*Waiting to see if the UPS truck will pull up in front of my house and bring me a package. To my surprise I got a big box full of goodies from Cameta Camera! Oh my word, I LOVE my new camera! I actually fell asleep reading the manual last night. I'm going to play with it some more today! I did manage to take some pictures of the snow in front of our house, but my main focus was on the cat and our daughter.

*I've been waiting to see when the newspaper would finally arrive- and it did, only a couple of days late, LOL! I loved reading the headlines BIG Snow Storm expected...hence the reason why I didn't get Saturday and Sundays paper until Monday afternoon.

*I waited for my friend to stop by and pick up the paperwork for our HOA. She came by in the afternoon and apologized profusely. I figured that she went home because of the impending snow storm. But it's in her hands now and I'm done with another part of the HOA.

So what was I doing to keep myself occupied during all of this waiting? I decided to make something. I know, didn't I just make something? Now I'm making something else? Sheesh! I've been thinking about a project I saw on line, but I didn't want to use the jumbo ric rack. So I start to go through my stash looking for those Mary Engelbreit charm packs that I bought last year. I pull them out (I had bought 2) and I only needed one and I sort them by color and lay them out. I made a simple but cute table runner, but not for my dining room table but for my sewing cabinet. You see, my sewing/quilting corner is dedicated to all things ME. I love the bright cheery colors and the witty quotes and sayings! I managed to completely finish my simple table runner; piece it, quilt it and get the binding sewn on by hand too- all before dinner!

While I was being crafty, so was my husband. There we are at opposite ends of the formal dining table we are both creating different things each being something fun and useful. His being a device that holds the GPS in his cup holder in his car. Our children are have been given a double dose of the crafty gene, it's no wonder why Hannah is the way she is. And Andrew, trust me, I've seen this boy of ours be quite crafty- he just doesn't pursue/indulge his crafty side as often as the rest of us.

My husband spent the day doing some last minute things. And true to the last minute thing, just before he went to bed he packed his suitcases.

And that was yesterday. Now for another mug of my ever so yummy coffee and to wake up my family members in a few minutes.

2 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

Love the thought of such creativity while you're waiting..it would take me months if not more to finish something so lovely as a table runner. I think I've said before that you're not alone with your love for ME.

Sandie said...

Basically all I had to do was to arrange it in a pattern and sew it togther...life is good!