INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, April 09, 2009

My Thursday to do list

From a creative stand point, I'm always pushing myself to do more. What's that mean? To do more? For me it's to produce more, to design more to be creative every waking hour of my day. I have to say that yesterday was such a great design day for me!

I've got a few projects currently in the works


* Camera strap covers. There's no way on this planet that I am going to walk around looking like a walking billboard for Nikon. As much as I love my new camera, the strap is hideous, and to think that it has this logo on it twice! See for yourself...

Here you see my first attempt at making a strap cover (it's in batik fabric)- it's okay but I can do better ;-)
And this is my gem! It's padded and has a pocket for the lens cap! I refuse to buy something that's so simple to make and it took me less than an hour to put together!


* About a week ago I had seen a picture of a baby quilt that caught my eye and I wanted to buy a pattern so I could make one. But my search was fruitless, no where could I find the pattern! Not one of the 5 quilt shops in Rapid City carried it! So I decided to make my own rendition of this quilt. I really got into the design process yesterday and by 5 pm I had made and completed my first designed by Sandie quilt top. Here it is- cute city!



I've also got a 2nd one in the works, the new one is pink and brown :-)

* I've been asked by an American friend who currently lives in the UK to design a scrapbook page layout for her girl scout troop's trip to London. So I've got that brewing in my head. I'll make page kits for the girls to put together. Should be fun to do, even though I've not been to London myself...yet! No picture of this project yet, as I said earlier it's brewing in my head. I could take a picture of my head, maybe that will help me to nail down the design elements on this project (insert laughter here).

With a fresh new layer of snow on the ground and school delayed by 2 hours, I'm letting the kids sleep in and I'm enjoying a blissful morning with my favorite mug full of Dunkin Donuts coffee :D



7 comments:

Hello, I'm Vicki said...

wow that camera strap is YUMMY!!! and also wow, you have amazing snow :D xxx

Anonymous said...

love the lens cap idea- love the quilt by sandie- can a beginner do it? How big is it- might be just what I need for my sewing wall art - I am picturing mango/tangerine for the pink, and assorted blocks in pink, blue/ brown and green - think american crafts everyday line!

Sandie said...

Yes a beginner can do it,that's the beauty of it Laurie! Oh I love your idea for the colors! I used Kona Cotton for the solid color and what ever pattern caught my eye for the squares.

Once I figured out the dimentions/measurements that worked best (for both projects)it was a snap to put togehter! I made 2 camera strap covers before I made the pink and green paisley one.

Sandie said...

Vicki- Amazing it is!

I'm going to make a few more camera straps today...got to keep busy with all of this snow business going on. I keep checking the close line to see if the school will cancel school...it's still snowing and it's starting to get heavier!

Julia Dunnit said...

Sandie you are prolific! I suggest an Etsy shop!

Paige said...

Camera syrap cover is a fab idea i have a cannon one and hate it!!! I might have to have a go at making something like it.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous camera strap. Crafting has endless possibilities.