INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Friday, April 24, 2009

Snow is a 4 letter word...again

So there I was yesterday enjoying day #2 of 80ºF weather, it was lovely! I had 10 large bags of cedar mulch delivered and had the sprinkler system de-winterized. I was playing with my new camera taking pictures galore of various things.





It started raining last night, the wind picked up a bit but it was nothing to cause me any alarm.

I woke up at 4:30 am to hearing my sprinkler system going off...I went downstairs and out to the garage and turned it off, then back upstairs and turned on the coffee pot. I checked my e-mail and then went to get a mug of coffee only to discover that it was raining. I got ready for the day and sent the kids off to school and then it happened- it started snowing and it was coming down thick and heavy! For over an hour it was near white out conditions. By mid afternoon it had melted away, but about 5 pm it started snowing again. It was light at first and now you can't see past the fence in my backyard.
And what did I just do? I ordered take out and I have to leave the house in 15 minutes to go get it...such is life in South Dakota.

I've been hanging out with my little friend Amelia this week. She was my test subject yesterday and this picture is my favorite.

2 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh no, snow! Am fed up with it for you! On a brighter note - that picture is beautiful, clarity and colour is fab and the subject is a beauty.

Sandie said...

she is a sweetheart! And I had fun taking pictures of her too!