INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Finding Simple Pleasures in everyday tasks

I take delight in the simple things in life, some of those things may seem to be laborious or tedious but in all honesty they are things I have come to look at as a labor of love.

*Ironing- I know that's it's ranked pretty high on many of my friends' hate to do list but me, I find it strangely relaxing.

*Preparing and cooking food- I still find it hard to believe that so many people rely entirely upon boxed or frozen prepared foods. I'm in my element when I am making something from scratch.

*Vacuuming the carpet- another tedious task but there's a simple pleasure in it.

*Washing dishes -I find the warm running water soothing and it makes me think of tropical places- especially if it's warm in the kitchen :-)

*Making the bed- That's one room neat and tidy! Get yourself into a routine of doing this right after you get out of bed and you'll find that it sets a good tone for the rest of your day!

There's a simple rule to maintaining a clean house- "A place for Everything and Everything in it's place". Once you get yourself into the routine of putting your toys away after you're done playing with them, folding and putting away the laundry as soon they are out of the dryer...these chores will become labors of love that you won't mind doing. For those that stress out at the very thought of tackling these chores- well that's because you waited until the laundry became a mountain, or your ignored the fact that the newspapers and magazines were piling up until they became a huge an unappealing heap in your family room. Again, setting a routine will soon have you taking pleasure in having a clean house...I'm a living example of this.

No comments: