INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Military Life

I'm enjoying the calm that comes after a storm. In no way shape or form is any military dependents life easy or glamorous. It is not one to be coveted or envied in any way. We as a collective go through more hardships than civilians can ever hope to experience. With our loved ones being away for months at a times- some are away for as long as 18 months. Many new military wives are moving away from home or their home towns for first time. Loneliness and homesickness can run rampant. That's why I try my best to contact new spouses and invite them to come to functions or just to come to lunch. To get out of the house and meet others- you never can tell when you will meet your new best friend!

I swear that Murphy's law kicks in as soon as my husband leaves for a deployment or extended TDy- I hear the same thing from my girlfriends.
Murphy's Law -"If anything can go wrong, it will"
Through supporting one another, being there to lend an ear and sometimes just being there to lend a helping hand with the kids- together we can ride the storm out and come out on top of the waves!
My younger sister has on numerous occasions accused me of having "it" so good, that I have some sort of a "dream life"- oh be serious! I tell her that "LIFE is what YOU make of it!". Sitting at home stewing about things or worse yet doing nothing about your situation- this was what my sister did...she sat on her butt and did nothing to make her situation better. Could be the reason why she's divorced now. Marriage and the military- there's a lot of give and take and I hate to say it but it's mainly on one side of the relationship due to the long deployments. To be married to a career military you need to be a very patient and understanding person, one who can be self reliant and a team player.
Now with that said- get out there and make some new friends! And for the person at Ellsworth AFB who is reading my blog daily- come on out and introduce yourself!

No comments: