INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Spring- a season of change

I am loving the rain! Others may be complaining about it but not me, I say bring it on! All of the snow in our front yard has melted away- now for the big pile of snow in the back yard to disappear. Our grass is starting to green up and it makes me happy to see signs of Spring.

Spring makes me think of rebirth and new beginnings. I'm even more anxious to get this house sold and the movers here so we can start on our new beginning in England.

The conversation I had with my son this morning has left me with such a warm fuzzy feeling that I'm still smiling about it. I can see that what I have said to him has had an impact and he's showing me that he's ready to try new things. I do have to give some credit in part to his best friend who also has said some pretty wise things to him for someone I thought was rather aloof and is now proving to not be as I once thought he was.

So here I am wondering what crafty thing I will do today. I do have 5 quilt tops (3 baby quilts and 2 lap quilts) that need to be sandwiched and quilted, then there are those other things I'm working on for my Etsy store and of course there's the thing of maintaining my house show ready-ugh! which reminds me that I need to vacuum the carpet and do some dusting.

I have plans on going to an OSC function this evening. I haven't been to one since last August or September. I'm hard pressed to make myself attend tonight but I will on the grounds that I haven't been to anything in months and I need to get out, besides that maybe they will farewell me tonight (I can only hope).

2 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

Am filled with admiration at your energy and cheerful maintenance of a 'show ready' house. When you get to the UK, you can have a big ol' domestic holiday!!

Sandie said...

I most certainly plan to do just that! I won't be seeing our belongings again until at least late August.