INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, April 04, 2009

SNOW is a 4 letter word!

Yesterday was a total bust! So many things were cancelled in advance of a snow storm that didn't show up until the later in the evening...things that didn't need to be cancelled.

*My son's date- her parents wouldn't let her go out to the movies because of the pending snow storm.

*UPS - didn't deliver my camera because of the pending snow storm (no joke) If I'm lucky I might see it on Monday or Tuesday after it hangs out for 5 or more days in the UPS warehouse, grrrr! Here's a little tidbit for you- try as you might, you will never be able to find a local phone number for your UPS hub. NO matter how many google searches and white pages searches. Heck- locating a phone number to speak to a human being with UPS is a challenge! Then you get some rude person telling you that you will NEVER be able to find a local phone number and the guy was quite snippy about it too! Look people, I just want my camera that's all!

*Tonight's Raider Rumble- cancelled due to the pending snow storm.

*I waited all afternoon for someone to come over and pick some documents up from my house- she never showed up and never called.

*The British school of which our children will be attending this fall sent some documents of which were rather confusing to decipher. What we got out of it was that either our son was being held back a year or our daughter was being advanced a year...something got mixed up in translations of that I'm sure! I had to get that fixed immediately and it wasn't until early evening when that was done and settled (talk about getting an ulcer).

*I have to keep on top of getting my kitty shipped to the UK- There's some paperwork that my Vet's office didn't fill out. I need to go in there next week and get on it- you know...once I have access to a car and the roads are cleared of snow.

So a little bit of snow falling sent everyone into hysterics and places closed down in advance of a snow storm that didn't really in all honesty hit. Do we have snow? Sure we do, but the wind isn't blowing it all over the place, it's staying put (for now). It's light out now, I want to take a couple of pictures of the white stuff...in case the wind pushes it around and makes huge snow drifts in some places and leaves the ground scoured in other places. It's strange to see these huge snow drifts next to areas of dormant bare grass.

Now for the good part of my day. My new friend Terri had e-mailed me some wonderful links to check out. All of which are from the local area where I'll be moving to soon. They were wonderful! Restaurants (pubs), the panoramic link and it's views were amazing! I had a glass of wine and went on a fantastic tour of England all from my chair, thanks Terri it was wonderful!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you enjoyed them. I keep saying "I can't believe the snow" and then you get more! How high is your house and how much more can you get before you are living underground?!

It sounds like such a 'rubbish' day...but it will make Monday hopefully a little easier - at least if you get your camera. You'll be in my thoughts tomorrow.

I hope you post pics of that quilt I read about a few blogs up.