INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Make it yourself!

With all of the graduations, baby showers, bridal showers, birthdays and anniversaries that we are all certain to be invited to in the coming months- it makes gift giving a little hard. This is where making it yourself comes into play. It's rare that I give a store bought gift, if I do, it's almost always a book.

I love giving handmade gifts, I feel that it shows that I care enough about the gift recipients to make it myself. I also put together little crafting kits and give them as gifts. Children especially like craft kits and you'll find that grown-ups like them too!


I want to encourage you to make something for that next baby shower you're invited to. Be it a flannel receiving blanket, a crocheted baby blanket or a set of stamped thank you notes. You don't need to go into debt to be able to give a friend a nice gift, and they wouldn't want you to either. I'm going to look at some flannel and create some small projects. Everyone needs receiving blankets and they are a quick and simple thing to make. To dress them up, use a colored thread and if your sewing machine has any kind of fancy decorative stitch use that! I want to make some with variegated thread for the decorative stitched edges, how neat will that look in shades of blue, green, yellow or pink? Too darn cute!

1 comment:

Julia Dunnit said...

Thank you for the reminder and the encouragement to make them..you're so right, friends love hand made gifts.