INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, April 04, 2009

too much snow!

Snow surrounds my house like a boat on the ocean. It is everywhere as far as the eye can see. Getting a blizzard once a week for 3 weeks straight, on the weekend no less is wearing on my nerves.

I'm looking at quilting magazines and pattern books trying to decide upon a quilt pattern. I want to make a large lap sized quilt using a jelly roll (those 2½ inch wide strips of fabric). It's deciding upon a quilt pattern (I've got it narrowed down to 3) and a color scheme (that's narrowed down to 3 as well). I'm feeling rather drawn to working with Batiks right now. I love how the colors seem to flow and swirl so gracefully together and how the finished look reminds me greatly of mottled marble.

I'm going to look at the patterns and lay out some fabric choices and take it from there. I'll mull it over with some mint hot chocolate topped off with whipped cream(doesn't that sound delicious?). What are snow days if one does not take the time to indulge ones self? They are miserable that's what they are! So my words of advice for my friends who live locally and are dealing with an ocean of snow...pamper yourselves! Take a long luxurious bubble bath, paint your toes nails, make some scrumptious cinnamon rolls (I've got a terrific recipe that came out of Cooks Illustrated) but most of all don't let yourself become disgruntled like I did yesterday...it's such a waste of energy!

I'm off to make myself that mug if minty hot chocolate and to look at my stash of Batik fabrics!

1 comment:

thekatsmeow said...

Oh my gosh you poor thing! I can't believe you are STILL surrounded by snow!!! At least you are making the most out of it with the hot chocolate and stuff! Heck, I'm ready to come "suffer" through it after reading your advice in the last paragraph, that sounds like a dream spa vacation LOL