INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Sunday, April 26, 2009

What a weekend!

This weekend has been rather hectic to say the least. My daughters hard drive ceased working while she was working on her science fair project. I had a hard time with her uncontrollable sobbing. And of course my computer decides that it no longer wants to read my SD card from either of my digital cameras- nice huh? So there I was on line with Dell tech support. I managed to fix my computer- had to take off the side panel and tweak with some wires on the inside. I managed to do this and I lived to tell about it, LOL! Hannah's computer unfortunately is toast. Dell is sending out a new hard drive and I will have to install it and all of the software- this shall be a challenge as I am not tech savvy in the least. But it's learning experience and I can follow directions and understand the instructions on how to preform the task. I did it once, I'm sure I can do it again.

On Saturday I went grocery shopping -which made my kids happy (they were missing having extra nibbles in the house), went to the hobby store last minute to get things for Hannah's science fair project. I also bought myself a cute baby quilt pattern which makes me think of RAF Croughton (it's sheep themed).

On Sunday- It snowed, lots and lots of heavy wet snow. I'll say it, I've had my fill of snow and it will be something that I will not miss whatsoever! Hannah and I worked for a solid 45 minutes shoveling that heavy wet snow from the driveway, front walkway and front porch. Andrew meanwhile took his sweet time getting ready and by the time he finally came out Hannah and I had already finished. I started working on a new quilt project this one is made with flannel, what else can I tell you...my new realtor showed our house to a prospective buyer and my phone has been ringing like crazy with people inquiring about the car we have for sale in the newspaper. I have a couple coming out from Spearfish tomorrow morning to look at it.

So that's it, my weekend was one emergency situation after another. I do lead a rather non-glamorous life now don't I ? LOL! I'm ready for a glass of wine and a long hot soak in the tub!

2 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

Technical crisis while you're at home alone..that would freak me out!Well done you.

Luna Art said...

What a hectic weekend for you! And mending your own computer, wow, i still have to phone my sister or dad for back up when my comp plays up!!!