INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

bad weather day

Our weather was total crap yesterday. The sky was very dark and dreary looking, it started raining first and of course with that came the South Dakota winds and then the rain turned to snow, and then came very high winds (the 50 mph kind). In the afternoon the snow turned to rain- but the torrential down our kind that we had last year. But all in all I'd much rather have rain then snow. For starters, you don't have to shovel rain and you don't get stuck in the rain because the roads weren't plowed.

There we are, the 5 of us at the Box Elder Senior Center doing paper crafts. Peggy brought some marvelous things for us to make...and having that salebration going on is just another incentive to start stocking up on some of the consumable items that I use frequently. Peggy used that really cute heart stamp set again- I love that stamp set! I told myself before that I didn't need it, but once Peggy started showing us how versatile it is, well I just may end up buying it after all, LOL! We were all so quite throughout our time crafting- then after we went to lunch we became more chatty. We spent over 2 hours in the restaurant gabbing about everything! We laughed quite a bit. We could see how bad the weather was getting outside- the snow fall was getting heavier and it was blowing sideways-ugh! Sideways snow means snow drifts- that's not good.

I might have had wind strewn hair when I got home, but I also had a huge smile on my face for having been in the company of good friends. I'll post later pictures from our gathering...have to find where the camera went off to.

I wonder what today brings with it...I think I'll sew something today!

3 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

Nothing like it. Makes me grin too. Am off for a little of that myself this evening! Love the quote, as usual!

Sandie said...

Thanks! I'm working on a quilting project today- nothing major, just sewing on the binding. what are you working on? I better pop over to your blog and see eh? :-)

Sarah said...

The club and lunch were fun, the weather was totally out of control. You do get worse wind out at the base though. This week end proves to be cold again with snow!!