INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, February 21, 2009

What is Sandie up to today?

Well, I'm reading up on something I want to try.. paper pieced appliqués using the freezer paper technique. I've not tried this before and well, I'm reading every article on it that I can before I get started. You know me, study, study, study so when I'm ready to try it, I'll know it like the back of my hand! I've got a terrific pattern that I've been itching to try out, it's quite whimsical and will bring smiles to anyone who sees it. Besides the paper piecing thing, I've got a couple of (or 5) projects that are in the "planning" stage. I'm also doing an internet search for two particular fabric lines that I feel are super inspiring (well, they are to me). One is by Moda and the other is by Northcott and they are simply yummy! I'm not going to say what they are until I get them bought- the last time I mentioned something on the internet, well others went and bought everything up and I wasn't able to find what I wanted. So for now, my lips are sealed as to what fabric lines I'm looking for.

My daughter Hannah wants to make some sock critters and she's had her eyes on my sock drawer ever since we got home from Boston this past Monday. Okay, I know that I have a lot of socks but that doesn't mean that I'm willing to sacrifice any of them so she can have at them with a pair of scissors. I'll be a good mom and "look" if there are any stray socks in the sock basket that look like they would be a good prospect for a sock critter. Other than that, maybe a trip to Gordmans is in order...I've got that $10 gift card that I need to use from Christmas. Now to keep my eyes open for socks that are on clearance, do socks go on clearance?

It's time for a cuppa and scones sure do sound good right now and more reading.

No comments: