INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Friday, February 27, 2009

will I ever be done with this quilting project?

I'm making progress on my quilting project and truly am on the "home stretch". I had no idea how busy I would be this week- even with being at home I was constantly interrupted (not that I minded the interruptions, they were very welcome). I'll be able to post pictures (soon) of the project that gave me such headaches. It's actually not a bad pattern, it looks "simple enough" (famous last words right there folks). Now the funny part is that there are not any directions on how to proceed on the cutting and piecing the binding. It calls for ONE fat quarter for the binding and that's it- now I don't have a clue as to how that little piece of fabric is going to make the binding for something that is almost lap quilt sized. Other than my questions regarding the small amount of fabric for the binding, I don't care for the way that the red and white stripe that was used for the picture looks on the finished quilt (and I even bought some of that fabric- what was I thinking?) and with that very thought, I've decided to go with a different print. I plan on making a scrapbook layout on this adventure...so the next time I pull this pattern out I can be aware of what I'm getting myself into, LOL!

It's bitterly cold outside (a whopping -13º F with the wind chill) needless to say I plan on staying toasting warm indoors! I thought about a stroll to the mail box, but I've decided that I'll give my letters to my children to send off for me instead.

1 comment:

Hello, I'm Vicki said...

wow that is COLD!!!! good luck with the quilt, i'm sure you'll get it done xxx