INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Our Trip to Boston

Our family trip to Boston for the 4 day weekend was anything but dull. We filled out time visiting family and friends and took some time to tour the USS Constitution. My husband received his Air Force commission aboard the USS Constitution and we wanted to take the kids there (again) now that they are older and can fully understand it's historical significance. I managed to take some pictures while aboard the ship. We visited the ships museum and I managed to buy a small counted cross kit- it's kind of rustic looking (just my thing) to work on and put into my husbands home office.







I got to visit a quilt shop in Concord MA called "Quilters Way"- talk about wonderful! It's located in a lovely RED building (you can't miss it). The ladies who work there are charming, the merchandise is to die for and the customer service is top notch! I found fabric there that I've not seen here in South Dakota. Over all it's a wonderful place, one well worth taking a small a detour in your plans while in New England.







Visiting family and friends gets a bit tricky when everyone has children...and those children are involved in sports and other activites. But the guys (my husband and his childhood friends) were able to get together later on in the evening on Sunday. My niece and nephew have grown and are a crack up to be around. But I think that the Grisé side of the family got the bigger surprise when they saw how much our chidlren have grown in the last year. Our children are no longer "little" but are now adult sized. My mother-in-law was even more shocked to see how much our Hannah has grown since she saw her last May. Hannah is now about 1 or 2 inches shorter than I am, we wear the same size shoes (which Hannah she sees as an addition to HER wardrobe). Andrew is taller than his Dad AND his Grandfather- that was really something to laugh at!




While at the Airport in Boston Hannah decides to try my Mocha...and the rest is history! Look at the pictures- the top is on at first next thing I know... she's drank half of my venti mocha!




Here's my Hannah... Did I drink all that? Then she just starts laughing!











5 comments:

Ruthy said...

looks like you had a great time Its so nice to catch up with family and friends.

Julia Dunnit said...

Ahh welcome home! Sounds like a great time. How fun.

Gabrielle said...

Great photos! I would love to visit Boston someday!

Starbucks is soooooooo addicting! She's starting early! :)

Sandie said...

maybe you could pretend to be me on one of my visits to my in-laws, LOL! Our son was 9 or 10 when he started drinking mochas...darn kids! Now nothing is just "moms" any more! First it was my cran-grape juice now my mocha's, LOL!

jay670120 said...

You sound busy , Cant beleave someone drunk that whole drink let alone a child looks like she could get in the cup tooits so big !!! made me smile.