INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I've started another organizing project

I don't think that I'm truly happy unless I'm reorganizing something...today it's the very top and the very bottom shelves in the armoire that my husband custom built just for me to house my crafting supplies, it's where I store my quilting goodies. The top shelf has been this depository of all of my leftover quilt batting scraps, thread and whatnot's and the bottom shelf - well it needs to be gone through and I want to see what's going on in those containers.

After I pick out fabric for my various quilting projects, I like to keep them organized by keeping the fabric, pattern and threads together in those nifty zippered containers that sheets, pillow cases and such come in. It's a great way to keep everything together not to mention dust and pet hair free. Using those zippered containers is part of my reduce/reuse/recycle program. I'm using something that a product came in instead of tossing it the trash.

It's snowing outside (again) it's 19º F and with the windchill it's a whopping 5ºF -brrr! I'm more than happy to be staying indoors today, organizing fabrics, patterns and sewing notions. I'm cutting fabric scraps into 3-4-5 and 6 inch squares and 2½ inch wide x length of fabric strips for my own "jelly rolls" and 1½ inch wide strips x length of fabric for my own "sweet rolls". I'm using my P-touch label maker and am in the process of labeling the containers as to what I have stored in them (this will make it easier to locate items now and after our big move to England). I'll have to get the camera out and take some pictures of what I have going on and add them in later.

3 comments:

Jo Power said...

Cor sounds really cold. I would be holed up inside too.

Elizabeth said...

OOohh that sounds cold! Glad you are indoors reorganising. :)

I sometimes think I like reorganising as much as I like crafting. Currently planning an ink and marker storage unit for my SU supplies - they are taking over!

Unknown said...

Quilting sounds like a great idea with temperatures like that outside!