INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Friday, February 20, 2009

The things we do...

I've always been a "hands on" kind of person. If there's something I wanted to learn about- I took courses on the subject and would do my best to master what ever it was. here's a story for you to make you have a little smirk on your face...

Anyone who has read my blog on a regular or semi regular basis knows that I'm the current president for our Home Owners Association. So as it is, it's dues collecting time. I have neighbors dropping checks off here and there. One of the neighbors ( a dear sweet older lady) came over yesterday afternoon and dropped off her check. My husband and I invited her inside and gave her a tour of the house (since it's up for sale et all) and she loved it! She was quite impressed with my Scrapbook Nook, and she immediately took notice on how I had everything extremely organized. She asked me "how do you do it?" How do I do what? I said...How do you do so many different things? My reply what do you mean? She went on to say how she found it hard for herself to be able to do one kind of craft but that I seem to have mastered many different things and how I was able to keep them all organized so well. I couldn't think of anything to say at the moment other than...Well I don't knit and I smiled and gave a slight chuckle. She continued on this topic (which made me feel a little uncomfortable) and said that she really wanted to know...how are you able to do all of these different things and do them all so well? So feeling cornered and put on the spot for an answer, I told her that I have an active mind, love to use my hands and that I dream in color. I also went on to say that I can't stand being idle, that I HAVE to be doing something with my hands. But other than that...I don't knit. I laughed a little and gave her a big smile. Well what would you say if you were me when asked something like that???

4 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

That's a toughie...tempting to get all pompous about expressing your inner self and blah blah! I think your answer was great. Man I have to try real hard to remember my dream in the morning; am desperate to know if I dream in colour. Is that the qaulification for the sills you have do you think? Bet it is. Which is why you're all of that AND organised.

Sandie said...

Julia,
I think that it's the constant moving we do because of my husbands career field that keeps me on top of being organized. As for the skills...I have always been like this, since I was a child. Even my mother doesn't know how or why I can do all the things I do. Did I ever mention that I can write with both hands? Just another one of my little quirks/talents, LOL!

Jo Power said...

I like your answer it would be too easy to say I just do but I also do lots of things and manage to keep alot of things balanced and enjoy every single one but can't stand not doing something.
Not sure that makes any sense at all but it did in my world.

Sandie said...

Jo- what you said makes sense to me :-) I can't agree more!