INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Life on the Prairie

It's a 2 hour late start for all schools in our little school district because of the snow and black ice underneath of it. I've lived in other parts of the US where it snowed but no place have I experienced the blowing snow like it does here in these parts. The blowing snow makes for large snow drifts, here in my little neighborhood those snow drifts can reach upwards to 7 feet tall and many feet wide. I'm ready for winter to be over, how about you?

I woke up in the middle of the night with my left foot aching something awful! I'm telling you, those sharp pains reminded me what it was like before I had my foot surgery last May. My first thought was "oh no, not again". It's been several hours since that initial shock wave of pain and my foot still hurts! I do believe that it's time for some more pain medication. This is just off the wall. The pain is like an ice pick going through the side of my foot (pretty intense, right?). Lucky me!

It's snowing and that means that my husband took my car (and I use that term loosely), that would now be the Subaru. He doesn't drive "his" car (the Corvette) in the snow and ice (and I don't want him to either). I'll be home today- all day here in the house. There's no escaping the Americana quilt project now, LOL! I bought some homespun fabric the other day for a (yes I'll say it) a new project. Now for me to get this show on the road and get to work on something fun and crafty.

No comments: