INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Monday, February 02, 2009

Cards cards cards and more cards!


I've always loved sending out Valentines Day cards to my family and friends. This year is no exception. I've made a special card one adapted from the card I made at paper crafting group with my friend Peggy. As much as I loved the stamps we worked with that day, I could not see myself investing in yet another set of valentine/heart stamps (not that it wasn't cute, it's that I don't need any more). As it stands now, I have a shoebox FULL of heart shaped and valentine themed stamps- buying any more would just be a waste of monies better spent on something else such as consumable supplies like 8½x11 cardstock.

So here I am working off of the Valentine's Day card (see above card) that we did and I'm making other cards...birthday, thinking of you and of course thank you cards. I need to stock up on what I call the "essentials of greeting cards" and well when I've got a good design down pat- I roll with it! Some of you might look at all of the cards and say WOW that's a lot of cards- but trust me I'll run out of them before the end of the year.
made 5 of these at the card making marathon at Peggy's house the other day-what a great way to use up the frames you've had hanging around for ages!

Also made 5 of these bumble bee cards, I love the simplicity of this design.

made only 1 of these- it was very time consuming, this is the kind of card you make for someone who won't be tossing it in the trash the next day.







My 2009 Valentines Day Card- made with Stampin Up stamps, punches and my Cricut (I used the heart from George).

Again with the Stampin Up stamps and my Cricut Doodle Charms for the flower.


here are more cards that I made at Pegs- in all, we made 20 birthday cards!

Now after I got home I got busy making even more cards...I made (are you ready)...
50 more Birthday cards after I got home
25 Thinking of You cards
24 Thank You cards
25 Valentine's Day cards

Thats a grand total of...144 cards!
For a grand total of 108 cards- woohoo!

2 comments:

voodoo vixen said...

Lovely cards Sandie! In the UK we don't send Valentines to friends and family... just our boyfriend or husbands... I love the idea that Valentine's is for friends and family too!

Sandie said...

Really? Oh what a shame! I still plan on sending valentines to my friends and family especially when I'm in England and so far away from them. Here in the US, school children give out Valentines to all of their class mates and even their teacher(that stops in Junior High school), there are parties in honor of the special day devoted to loving one another and so forth.