INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

It's Wednesday Gromit

It's Wednesday and more over, it's Ash Wednesday. I "thought" that I would be at home all day working on things around the house but alas I've had to go out twice today and will be out again for a 3rd time in another hour or so. Just when I thought that I had the day to myself so I could finish that Americana themed quilt project (basically, I just want to be done with the darn thing). So here I am folding laundry, making beds and returning phone calls. I'm not doing the things that I thought that I'd be doing today, not at all.

I did meet my husband for lunch which was a nice change of pace. When I returned home from lunch with my hubby, I saw that my neighbors were packing up their house in preparation for their move to Alaska (and we thought it was cold here, HA!). It's a stark reminder of what the future holds as this will be in our future and will be happening in a few short months. But for us there will be a few months in-between the movers packing and unpacking OUR household items.

We're supposed to have another snow storm- no I'm not excited about that what so ever. I'm ready for winter to be over and done with. For once I'd like to see some flowers during these bleak months. But I know better than to hope for such things. Heck, we can have a major snow storm in May and be stuck in our houses for 3 days...like we did last year, ugh!

Time for some tea and to think about more pleasant things...a Caribbean cruise/vacation would be so nice right about now, don't you think so? :-)

3 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

Yep. I'm up for a spot of sunshine and cruising would be just fine with me! But..we have banks of snowdrops in bloom and the nights are little later starting now, so we're heading the right way...will you get to the UK in tme for some erm, 'summer'?

Sandie said...

Oh yes, We (the children and I) will be there in Mid June. I'd like to come now for nothing more other than to to escape winter. Alas, our children need to finish out the school year here in South Dakota.

Sandie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.