INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, February 19, 2009

My oh my, how time flies...




Today is my husbands 42nd birthday- Happy Birthday Lucien! I laugh when I think about how long we've been together- 20 years now. It doesn't seem like 20 years have gone by, not at all. We'll celebrate 19 years of wedded bliss later on this year- WOW! We'll be in England celebrating our anniversary, how cool is that? I hope that we will be able to celebrate our 20th anniversary in Italy touring the wine country.

I was looking at some pictures of our children that my husband had put up on facebook- oh my gosh our babies have grown so much over the past couple of years. I look at our children and am amazed at how much they look like us (we jokingly refer to them as our clones) and how they are no longer children but are now young adults. I wasn't the kind of mom that cried when her babies went off to start their first days of kindergarten- heck I was thrilled! I was planning luncheon dates with friends and was generally doing the happy dance when they caught the school bus in the morning. But now as I look at our son, knowing that he has only 1 more year at home with us until he leaves for college...it makes me feel a little sad. Even more so since we will be living in England and he will be (most likely) back here in the states. I want to make Andrews' year in England a memorable one, one filled with many fantastic trips and loads of adventures! So when he goes off to college, he can say that he did enjoy his year in England.

3 comments:

Ruthy said...

Birthday wishes Lucien. Hope he has a good one.

Jo Power said...

Isn't it strange how when you have kids time seems to fly but when you were their age it took forever to get to that exciting point that you had looked forward to. Hope your son and you have a brilliant year together in England and Happy Birthday to your husband.

**Leanne Marie** said...

I Hope Your Husband Had A Good Birthday :)

**Leanne**
x