INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, February 28, 2009

My Quick Project

Since the Americana flag banner quilt project was making me brain dead I felt that I needed to make something "fun" to pep me up. Here it is, my Mary Engelbreit themed sewing machine cover. I looked in my jar of bindings (I like to make bindings and label them for future projects) and pulled out some black binding which was left over from a previous project and as it so happened it was just enough to complete this project!




Do you want to make this project?

This is for All of my girlfriends that are interested in the pattern- here you go!

Being the crafty person that I am here is how much fabric you're going to need...

*outside print ½ yard (now if you want to make binding from this fabric then you will need to buy more of it because it does take ALL of the ½ yard)

*lining fabric ½ yard (I used muslin)

*binding took about ¾ of a yard length wise piece that was 2½ wide x length of fabric cut 2 pieces measuring 15 wide x 10½ tall for the front and back of the cover cut 1 piece 7½ x36 wide for the middle piece.

Do the same with the lining now if you want to quilt this..you will need a larger piece of muslin or other lining fabric say about ¾ of a yard and that same with the quilt batting. The quilt batting and lining fabric needs to be cut larger than the outside pieces to allow for shifting.

Now if you make this please let me know because I'd love to see the finished project!

4 comments:

Hello, I'm Vicki said...

WOW i love that, really gorgeous cover xxx

Julia Dunnit said...

It's gorgeous Sandie. ME one of my fave designers as well, so a double good project for me!

Sandie said...

Julia, I'd love to see yours when you've got it done :-)

Kimberly said...

Totally love this!