INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Friday, February 27, 2009

why is it???

That my children always seem to need something done at the last minute? Last nights dinner conversation was interesting. You see, tonight the AFJROTC is having a dance/social and knowing my son I know that he has signed up to bring something in the "eats" category. So I ask him- "So Andrew, you never said if you are bringing anything to the social", my boys says "yeah, I thought that you could whip up a cheesecake so I can bring one in". my reply- "So when were you planning on telling me this?" His reply (with a big cheesy smile) I'm telling you know aren't I?



So before doing anything else this morning...even before having my morning coffee, I made a lovely 9 inch New York cheesecake and it is baking in the oven as I type. I feel as if the first hurdle of the day is over, now I can actually start my day. For my day? Basic household duties and finishing that darn quilt top! I thought that I'd have had it finished in a day, maybe a day and a half but Noooooooooo that's not the case at all!

So here I am looking out of the window seeing the snow falling to the ground and am looking at the warm temperatures (can you feel the sarcasm?) Oh by the way it's now 1º F and with the wind-chill factor it's a whopping -14ºF. In case you were wondering... this is why I'm in need of a vacation! St Maarten would be lovely right about now!

2 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

I can't believe you are so nice as to have not got your son out of bed to help. Even if he didn't help if you know what I mean! You're a fab Mom. Well, if the weather in SD is getting you down, thre's a vague chance you might like this English climate more!

Sandie said...

Julia- thanks for your kind words, I think that my children do appreicte me its just that I wish they would do things to show it more often, LOL!

This weather is terrible! I'll admit it, I am not a winter person, not at all!