INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Monday, March 26, 2007

Ah Monday....

I've been so busy packing up stuff around here that I really didn't get any time to check my e-mail or post to my blog. Only a handful; of days remain until we sign for the house. The closing date was moved up 1 day so now it's the 29th.
We are dragging our bums on packing the remainder of items left hanging around this house. We know that the end is in sight but it's hard to pack up things that you might need later on in the day. I see us really jumping on it on Wednesday and Thursday.
I ordered the "Easy Track" closet system for our kids' closets on Friday. We've seen these (and maybe you have too) on those wonderful home improvement shows on HGTV, Discovery and a few others. To check it out on line go to www.easytrack.com I ordered the Cherry finish as it (to me) looked more like furniture and gave the closet a rich more detailed look. The Maple finish looked rather yellow when I saw it in person and the white finish did not have the attention to detail as the other 2 color choices (knobs and detailing to the drawers). I'll be sure to post before and after pictures of the closets. I'm looking forward to seeing the transformation from "the construction standard" to the "Wow look what the home owner did".
We are going to be having one heck of a garage sale after we move into our new home. Every single box I pack has got something in it that I would be okay with donating or selling at a garage sale. I think that living in this dinky house has given me the gift of being able to really look at some of the things we own and say "yes we can live without that". One of my most favorite home improvement shows has got to be "Clean Sweep". I love how they just gut a room or two and make the owners of that stuff that has been causing havoc in their personal lives got through it and only keep a small portion of it. Just a note...my home has NEVER looked like any of those homes on that show. But I take the philosophy behind the camera very seriously. There are reasons why we feel so attached to a lot of the needless things we keep around that cause us clutter. Being a military family that moves every so often, it is important to go through our items on a regular basis and purge the weight! We're only allowed so many thousands of pounds for a move (that goes by rank and time in the military) go over that weight allowance and you have to pay the difference. So yes it is in our best interest not to hang on to "stuff" that we really don't need or worse yet things we no longer use. So I've become very practical in my approach as to what stays and what goes. I don't have the kinds of things in my closet that most others have...what's that you wonder? That fat clothes/skinny clothes thing...I got rid of that 3 years ago. Lets face it, for those that are over weight and you're hanging on to clothes that you say you'll wear after you loss those extra pounds...get serious! You are going to want to buy yourself some NEW clothes once you achieve that weight loss goal. And buying yourself new clothes is an added incentive- at least I think so :-) Besides those skinny clothes are going to be out of date.
My note for you today- go out and buy a new color of nail polish and give yourself a manicure!

No comments: