INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Moving and all that comes with it

So we are moving...okay no big deal. I called one of the top moving companies in the area (the one recommended by our realtor). I have an appointment with one of the sales reps to com out here on Monday to give me an assessment of how many boxes and so forth it will take to pack us up and move us out. Well after getting prices over the phone for the hourly rates I almost crapped myself. It's $90 per hour for 2 men to move boxes and furniture out of your house, $35 per hour more for each additional person. If I want them to pack boxes that's an extra fee plus the cost of boxes and packing materials. Sure they can do it quickly but dang it's going to cost some serious dollar$. I figure that we can hire the professional movers to move the heavy stuff like all of our furniture. We can pack our own boxes...heck we did it before we can certainly do it again. It's just that this place will look like a war zone for the month of March. I'm going to head out today and get a couple dozen boxes to start packing up things we don't need from the kitchen and bathrooms. The armoire can get gutted out with the exception of a few needed school supply items. I'm going to be working like crazy to get this place packed up. I suppose that we can borrow a friends truck and use my minivan to haul those boxes over to our house. At least with us packing we'll know that when a box is marked "kitchen" there really is kitchen stuff in it, and that it's not a box filled with Lego and Brio pieces.

As I sit here typing this I know that my days in this tiny house are coming to and end. I'm excited about it and can't wait for signing on the dotted line to take possession of our new home!

No comments: