INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

You Know....

When you "think" that you should be somewhere else instead of a boring board meeting...you should probably follow your instincts! I knew without anyone telling me that the door to my scrapbook nook aka artists studio/home office (that's what I'm telling the realtor I'm going to use that room for) anyway the door was hung going the wrong way. Might seem like a little mistake but when it was written out in the agreement and it's still hung wrong, it makes me crabby. Not like "mean crabby", but more like "can you not read the plans?" annoyed type of crabby. I shake my head over the whole thing!

The concrete slab still needs to be patched so the vinyl flooring can be installed in the kids bathroom and laundry room. There's something else that has me annoyed crabby...the cabinet guy isn't installing the bathroom cabinet until the flooring people put down the vinyl flooring in the bathroom...mean while back on the ranch the plumber can not come in and do HIS job of putting in the sink and toilet and hooking up the water because the cabinet guy wants to make it easy for the flooring people. Who ever heard of the cabinets going on top of the vinyl flooring? What if the next owners hate the flooring I picked out and want to put in tile flooring? What then? Do they rip out the cabinet and pull out the vinyl that's underneath of it? I mean really...do they? When you start to think about it, it's all so stupid. I say install the cabinet so the plumber can come in and get his job done. The flooring isn't here yet and won't be installed until the 16th and the rest of it on the 19th. That's a long time to be waiting for someone else to get their job done and you're hanging around waiting like a vulture. for them to be done.

I managed to hire a moving company today. It's $145 an hour for 4 men and a truck...not bad considering the other alternative....move it all ourselves. I figure that we'll have everything boxed up and most of it outta here by the time April 2nd rolls around. We'll have the beds taken apart and ready to be loaded onto the truck. Heck I could have things out in the lawn ready for them to load it on the truck if that will help to speed things along!

Well it's almost time for me to entertain some young ladies this afternoon with a cooking with chocolate lesson. We're making baby (as in small) Chocolate Lava Cakes. A good friend of mine who home-schools her 6 children (she is a braver woman that I am) is sending a couple of her daughters down to spend a few hours with myself and my daughter. This is going to be oodles of fun! I went out and bought some new ramekins just for this! I look forward to my new house...it has a larger kitchen and we won't have to mix everything on the kitchen table, we could do it on the counter top where it should be done!

No comments: