INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, March 08, 2007

The New Scrapbook Nook....

I went by my house today to see if the door to my scrapbook nook had been reversed and it has :-) I am going to be loving this new creative space! Having those windows in that room is going to add tremendously to my quality of life. As it is here in base housing I'm stuffed into a little room without heat or air conditioning. I share my scrapbook nook space with a water heater and a furnace- both of which can be rather noisy. There are no windows and it's not recommended to close the door while you're working in there for a few reasons;

1- if you're the least bit claustrophobic this room is not for you!

2-there's that natural gas thing...both the water heater and furnace are powered by natural gas. There's a vent for the exhaust fumes but who really knows how well those work, ya know what I mean? It is after all military housing.

3- There aren't any ducts for heat or air conditioning to come into the room. So what ever temperature it is outside, that's pretty much what it's going to be like in that room- unless you leave the door open and you have a little electric space heater/fan for the really cold days.


So YES on so many different levels is this NEW Scrapbook Nook going to be an improvement over my current scrapbook nook. I love having my own little room for scrapbooking, stamping and just creating. And thanks to a girlfriend my little nook is going to have a cool new toy...a Kodak Easy Share 500 photo printer with the pop up screen. Oh my gosh I got to work with these while in Boston at CKU-Masters and they were wonderful! They can be hooked up to your computer OR (this is the really cool part) you pop in your digital media card - from just about any camera- talk about SWEET!!! It's WiFi ready and bluetooth wireless technology capable (yes I copied that information form the Kodak site). I love that pop up screen and the fact that you don't have to hook it up to a computer, that you can pop in a media card. This is going to be proudly displayed in my Scrapbook Nook! It's something I see myself using a lot! My friend doesn't know this yet but she's about to get a surprise...a special gourmet cheesecake for her family while she has company this week!



No comments: