INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Our roller coaster weather

This has been one wacky week for weather here on the plains. On Monday this week it was in the mid 80º's and it felt like summer then on Tuesday it was in the lower 70º's and it felt like Spring. There was yesterday...first if rained then it snowed off and on all day long- I'd say that was Winter weather and today it feels like Autumn- the high for today is supposed to reach into the 40º's. So there you have it, a different season every day this week!

My husband and I have joined the crowd and have bought our eldest child a cell phone. With Andrew driving soon, we figured that it is to our advantage for him to have one. I used to not think that having a cell phone was necessary item, but you know what...we've really come to depend upon having one with us. I do not want our children driving anywhere out here without one with them! This is a big area and by them having a cell phone on their person- well it gives me peace of mind and I think that it does for them too.

We're still packing boxes here, I'm getting down to what the "what do we reeeeeally need to keep out and what can go in a box right now" stage. Yesterday I went to get a particular bowl from the cupboard and guess what....I realized that I had already packed it. I started to laugh because it was pretty funny. I can see us all doing that with various things in the house. Now I have almost all of my rubber stamps in clear shoe boxes. That is the way that I plan to store them in my new and improved Scrapbook Nook at the end of the month. I haven't thought about packing the rest of my scrapbook nook though. I know that once I start I won't be able to stop. Then I'll be without supplies for a couple of weeks. I just want to make an easy transition to our new space. And lets face it, I've got quite a bit stuffed into that little space- more than you can imagine. I'm going to pop the wheels onto all of those carts to make it easier to move around in the next room. I have so many ideas going through my head right now on colors to paint that room. Currently it's a pale yellow with a bright sunny yellow glaze overcoat. But I want to change that in the next house. I want to use more muted colors throughout the house. So today I'll have to bring over my color swatches to see what they will look like in the natural light of that room...for that matter, in all of the rooms.

No comments: