INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

writing letters and making your own stationary

I'm a letter writer, always have been. Even though I have the internet and e-mail ET all, I still like to sit down and hand write letters to a friend or a family member. Okay so I have to send snail mail letters to my family since none of them have computers (strange huh). I enjoy making my own greeting cards (yes it's true... I have a serious addiction to paper). I love making my own stationary, putting my own touch to it with using special ink to give the paper a watermark image. I buy the fancy shmancy paper that has cotton fibers in it and had a linen like texture to it, it's a little more expensive but it makes for excellent stationary. Since it comes in a box of 100 sheets or so and it's 8½x11, I can cut it down to make it 5½x8¼ so it tucks nicely into a standard sized envelope.

I've checked out the prices of nice writing paper and it's actually more expensive than what I make for myself and you only get 20 sheets of paper and 10 envelopes. I use Versamark watermark ink when making my watermark stationary. I like to use large stamps, usually something with a floral design but at times I have been known to use other patterns such as seashells, leaves or something more of an architectural nature. The important thing is to choose something that appeals to you. Then ink up your stamp and go to it! I just get into a mode and stamp stamp stamp my paper! Be sure to let it dry thoroughly or if you're a little impatient use a heat tool and heat set the ink. I like to give g my handmade stationary as gifts to dear friends...especially when they are moving. I think that it's a rather thoughtful kind of gift to give; combined with a book of stamps, some envelopes, and a nice pen it makes a very nice gift indeed! It's much nicer (and more personal) than anything you can buy at your local Card Shop that I'm certain of!

Now if you're more into making cards versus your own stationary but feel a little behind the curve when it come to making a nice looking card? You just might want to check out www.inspiremecardkits.com loads of inspirational ideas for card making to be had over there!

No comments: