INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Reading the News on line

I keep telling myself that I need to watch, listen to and read the news more often. That’s one of my things I’m working on for my making 2007 better habits list. I just can’t stand incomplete news and let me be the first to say that I feel that our local news channels and news paper are just chuck full of incomplete news. It’s frustrating to watch a local news program and not get the entire story.  I catch myself tuning in later on to see if the late night news cast has more information on the story and nope, it’s just as incomplete as the 5 o’clock news cast. UGH! So I prefer to read my news on line. I check out Reuters, Google News, CNN on line and so forth, I always get the complete story there.  But there are times when I’ve had enough of the sensationalism with the news…such as Anna Nicole Smith’s death. I don’t think that President Ronald Reagan or Naturalist Steve Erwin (The Crocodile Hunter) got as much press coverage when they died as Anna Nicole has…and they were famous for actually making a difference in peoples lives in a positive manner.  Enough is enough…lets get on with life and move past all of the who-ha with Anna Nicole. Do we really care who fathered her infant daughter? I can tell you that I don’t and you shouldn’t either, LOL!

 

 

No comments: