INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Horseback Riding


As part of earning a Girl Scout badge or three, we went to the riding stables here on base and road my girlfriend Kim's horse Freckles. What a wonderful time the girls had of it too! I Have to say that my eyes were welling up with happiness. What sums it up best is true Christian generosity, Kim has that running through her veins. She gave a great talk and even showed the kids different saddles, boots and other items needed for riding a horse. There was a farrier there replacing horse shoes on the horses; the girls got to see him in action and he also gave them a short demonstration on how to clean a horses hove. Another girlfriend who knew that I was getting rather stressed out about the new house (the radon evaluation pretty much ruined my day) brought me a Mocha Coffee from Gizzie's (I love that coffee shop). It was a well spent afternoon learning about horses and taking pictures of my girl scouts riding Freckles.

No comments: