INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Monday, March 19, 2007

What a weekend!

We've spent the entire weekend packing boxes-ugh! Our house is filled with them! Everywhere you turn there are boxes. I had no idea that it would take so long and so many boxes to pack up my Scrapbook Nook. WOW is a word I say quite a bit at the moment. I'm finding things right and left that I haven't used in years (such as my lettering templates) and I found another box of scrapbooking papers that I set aside for donating or just giving to friends that scrapbook. At first I thought that I would just put it all aside for our moving in garage sale...but that soon proved to be a more difficult task that I had anticipated. So in the end, I grouped it all together and well - I'll just have to sort it out while putting it away in my new Scrapbook Nook. It's too much for me to try to deal with at the moment. I'm going to do that with each room...go through everything while putting it away with the keep, toss and donate/sell boxes.

While my husband and I were out and about on Saturday we went to Ashley Home Furnishings. It was built last last year and we've always meant to go in there but just never had gotten around to it. WOW, what a nice store! We set out looking for night stands for our bedroom. We're tired of the decorator tables we've been using for the last 16¾ years. We want to make our master bedroom complete. I've been on the look out for a new bedding set for our bedroom. I'm so sick of this red, white and blue Americana themed quilt and pillow shams that I could just puke! There's nothing wrong with it, it's just that I'm very tired of it. It was meant to go in our guest bedroom but it went into our bedroom. Anyway while at Ashley we found several pieces of furniture to our liking and low and behold...they also sell bedding sets. There were many beautiful and elegant bedding sets on display and I couldn't believe they were for sale! As I'm looking at the wonderful displays of furniture throughout this store I came across a bedding set that caught my eye...it was what I was looking for in color and in style. Beautiful cabbage roses in shades of green, burgundy, taupe and topaz. Besides the cabbages roses on the comforter, there's a striped bed skirt, striped European style 26 inch square pillow shams, regular pillow shams with paisley and foofy tasseled fringe, decorator pillows with the paisley and tasseled fringe and a very fancy neck roll pillow with more of the elegant fringe and fabrics. I am in LOVE with this bedding set! It is just what I was wanting for our bedroom. Because it was the last one I was able to get a deal on it...oh yeah I think that I got a good price on this set, you should see the detailing the braided cording trim, the tasseled fringe the quality of fabrics used in the construction of this set.
Meanwhile there's my wonderful husband looking at furniture...he found a coffee table and end tables that he really liked, ones that would look great with our leather sofa and love seat. Okay then to make me love him even more, he wanted me to try out a recliner that he liked, then he tells me that this is what he wants for our bedroom. I look at him and he proceeds to tell me that he wants to create a little reading nook in our room. Where we could curl up with a book and just relax, we can put our Ott lamp in there next to the recliner. Oh my gosh the chair was perfect! We made note of these furniture pieces and we plan to come back to purchase them after we move into the house, we bought the bedding set and I've been floating on cloud 9 all weekend long! I can see our Master Bedroom coming together and becoming the restful haven I've wanted it to be for so long.

About the new house....On Saturday the wood flooring was installed and yesterday the carpet was going in. I'm going to check it out later on today.

Currently I'm waiting for the cleaning team to give me an estimate on how much it's going to cost to have them do the deep cleaning required by base housing. I prefer to pay a cleaning team versus Lucien and I doing it. This sounds stupid but it's true...if you employ a cleaning teams they will get passed 100% of the time versus if we do it chances are that they (base housing) will ride us harder than the cleaning team. So for a few dollars I'd much rather have the professionals do the work. These ladies know what they're doing, they know what kinds of things the hosing office is looking for to pass inspection.

Okay now I'm off to get some more laundry done, vacuum and to do what? Yes pack up more boxes!

No comments: