INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Monday, March 12, 2007

My head hurts!

Today must be the day that all sorts of things will annoy me. I start off the day hearing on the radio about suicide and the news cast announcer practically glamorized someones apparent suicide- made me very annoyed to wake up having to listen to that kind of news sensationalism.

I went to mail off some packages this morning. I think that surprising 3 people with goodies in the mail is a good way to get away from having such a bad start this morning.

Okay so after the post office I went by my soon to be home- but alas I was only to find some fleeting joy and some more of me being annoyed. When I had the contract drawn up one of the things I was adamant on was having the lower portion of the house being done in the "same quality" as the upper portion of the house. Alas I found super cheap lighting fixtures (like you would expect to see in a college dorm) and a cheap bathroom faucet. The ones upstairs are lovely and very fancy. It's important to me that we keep the same quality throughout the house since this is not our forever home and we will be selling it in 3 to 3½ years. It's having that attention to details that makes a home sell quicker and they also help to seal the deal so to speak. Granted we did not build this home from scratch and pick out every last item (carpet, hardwood flooring, tile flooring and light fixture) like our last 2 houses. This house was partially finished, the upstairs was 100% done, beautiful top quality light fixtures, beautiful cabinets in the kitchen and bathrooms, and lovely faucets in both the guest and master bathrooms. You can only imagine my surprise when I saw cheap $5 light fixtures and a faucet that was no where near the quality of the ones that were in the upstairs bathrooms. I'm just a bit disappointed in this lack of attention to detail with this contractor. They made a beautiful home...upstairs and I want the same attention to detail and quality in the down stairs level of this home. We are paying top dollar to get the downstairs portion of this house finished, and to say the least it is drawn out in our contract as to having the downstairs done in the same manner of quality as the upstairs.

I need to take some headache medicine...my head hurts with all of this stuff!

No comments: