INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

What else can happen???

Have you ever heard the expression manic Monday? Oh there's a reason they call it that, trust me! We get the results back from the Radon test (you can read more about Radon the silent killer here http://www.epa.gov/radon/ )lets just say that the levels are not good. The builder needs to install a system that safely takes the radon gas out of the home. The cost will be around $2,500- out of his pocket not ours. Then there's the other thing...I'm looking over our Midcontinent details about switching over the phone/cable/Internet service (remember that it's 4 miles from door to door on this move). I notice that there's a phone number on there for telephone order details...then it dawns on me, they're going to give us a NEW phone number, AUGH!!!!!! Now I've got to work at making sure that we get to keep our existing phone number. You would not believe what a nightmare it would be having to notify folks of a number change here in base and in the local community. That's the one things that I thought that I wouldn't have to do, grrrr!

As it is, our service will be cut off here on the 30th and later on that afternoon it will be hooked up at the new house. We shall see how smoothly that goes. Yes that's a little bit of my humorous sarcasm inserted in that statement.

It just seems as if there are all sorts of little things needling me with this last week before we close on the new house. Things the contractor will and will not fix (that downstairs bathroom faucet being one of the issues at hand). He did get a conscious and had all of the locks re-keyed. The guy must be living in a bubble if he thinks that leaving the key to my house out 24/7 on top of the door frame is a "safe" way to do business. Why he doesn't have a contractors key box is beyond me. I loved his reaction when we asked for him to re-key all of the doors with locks, he thought me were nuts then he says "well nothing has ever happened out here before" (meaning houses being broken into). He's just lucky that his lackadaisical business practices haven't gotten him sued by any clients...yet. Our reply to him was "So you mean to tell us that you're willing to cover us on any loss? You're willing to guarantee our safety? You're willing to guarantee our very lives?" he didn't have a come back for that one. He was trying to be a stinker to our agent with being adamant about not replacing those locks...I'm glad that he came to his senses. That guy needs to wake up and smell the coffee and become part of the "real world". My statement to my agent (who by the way is a true champion for her clients) "So Angie, Do you mean to tell me that he never locks his doors? That he really knows everyone that works on these houses that he and his brother have going up in this subdivision? That they do a through background check on each and every person that works or lives out here? Come on! NO one can be that naive or that trusting." My realtor Angie starts laughing as she can totally relate as to what I am talking about. I can see myself being a contractor one day...and actually working with clients and giving them what they want instead of giving them what I think they can live with, LOL! Our realtor Angie is with Century 21 real estate in Rapid City and she has been top notch in everything she's done for us. Trust me, this woman is working for this commission...she's being a mediator with the realtor representing the contractor (who by the way is not doing his clients any special favors). She's really gotten a lot of things worked out for us and has made this entire ordeal go as smoothly as possible. I appreciate all of her hard work, I really do.

I need some more coffee...I can tell that today is going to be a coffee drinking kind of day all day long!

No comments: