INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Christmas Clearance sale

Sometimes I wonder about people... after Christmas every store has a huge Christmas clearance sale. I went to Hobby Lobby to see of my rain check item was in stock yet (I'll tell you about that later). So I buzzed by the Christmas isles to see if there was anything worth buying. Well I lucked out...I got these really nice Wilton candy boxes at 50% off, red ones that I can use for Valentines Day. I didn't do too shabby if I say so myself! I saw ladies there with 2 and 3 carts each! Just loading them up with "stuff" like there was no tomorrow. I know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder....but some of that stuff was just plain weird looking! Christmas cards and wrapping paper are things that I do NOT stock up on. The cards just becomes outdated and the wrapping paper becomes brittle from being in storage for nearly a year (the harsh conditions of the attic or storage shed are too much for it). I bought a roll of wrapping paper from Hobby Lobby earlier this month that was on sale for 50% off...it was garbage! I could not make a crease on a corner without the paper ripping. To me, that's when a bargain is not a bargain. I'm only buying things that I have an immediate use for, okay so Valentines Day isn't next month but it will be here soon! I can stamp little hearts all over the boxes and fill them up with little candies or even home made fudge.

No comments: