INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Monday, December 18, 2006

little acts of kindness

It's been a busy day for me, running here and there. On one of my many stops today I was at the hospital pharmacy getting prescriptions filled in preparation of Hannah's surgery. While there I happened to bump into a girlfriend. One of her children was sick, her husband is currently on a deployment and she's supposed to go to Colorado on Thursday. But with one of her children being pretty darn ill she didn't know if she was going to be able to get to take the trip home to see her family. I've been thinking about my friend all day long (I really have). So once I was done with my volunteer commitments this evening I brought her a little surprise, I didn't call to let her know that I was coming over...I just popped up with a little cheesecake just for her. The look on her face was all the thanks I needed :-) Just knowing that my little act of kindness made the world a nicer place for my dear friend who was having a hard day is all I needed. So maybe just maybe you have a friend that's had or is having a bad day...bring her a little surprise, maybe it's tea for two or a fresh baked muffin. Trust me, your friend will be delighted to to know that you've been thinking about her.

No comments: