INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Monday, December 11, 2006

It's Monday Monday Monday, need I say more?

Monday, the kick off day of my week. I only have a 1001 things to do this week (or so it seems). I had a good nights slumber and feel ready to kick some butt on Monday. Just the word "Monday" seems to be not as scary to me today as it did yesterday. Sometimes it feels as if it's looming over me with some sort of black cloud filled with dread. But today it's pretty cool...more like a steamy mug of hot cocoa filled with white fluffy marshmallows.

I've got kids in both bathrooms getting showered and ready. Hannah's crabby (so what's new, LOL). Andrew has a bunch of big stuff to drag to school, canned food for the food drive in his math class, Angel Tree gift for his JRROTC class, then of course there's his gym bag, back pack filled with 18 pounds of school books and he has to be dressed in his ROTC uniform today. Whew, that's a lot of a 14 year old to deal with on a Monday.

Hannah has her pre-op appointment this afternoon. Surgery is a little over a week away. Today I'm doing the count down down. Hannah's so ready for this surgery to be done and over with. She's been waiting for what seems to be an eternity to have this done. I don't know if my own mother would have gone through the roller coaster of events that I have to make this surgery a reality for my daughter. I'm still unsure of how much we're going to have to pay for all of this, but when it comes right down to it, that's why we have insurance, to reduce the burden.

As I look at my day planner and see my week spread out in front of me...it's going to be another busy one. I attended 6 holiday parties over the weekend...WOW! That's got to be some sort of record for myself, of that I am certain! This week will be busy too! I'm still struggling to get all of the acronyms down for the different squadrons that make up the Mission Support Group. It was so easy when it was just a single squadron and it was a number and not some crazy mixed up set on initials.

Alright, I need some coffee in my system if I'm to get anything done today.

No comments: