INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Monday, June 16, 2008

The amazing things I saw at the quilt show

There were some truly amazing wall hangings on display at the 2008 Black Hills Quilters Guild Quilt Show. Some were obviously made to be wall hangings, others to be displayed on a bed and others to be table runners or lap quilts, all (in my opinion) were beautiful. Some just had me amazed at the attention to detail, where others were there to wow you with the great use of color. Click on any of the pictures to see them in a larger format. You'll be able to see the details that I saw while standing in front of them.


This basket of flowers and veggies is fantastic! I could easily hang this on display in my home!
Sails boats, it's just too sweet! Makes me miss New England in a major way!
This is art! I love to look at this wall hanging! Makes me feel like I'm one with nature!
And this is one cool quilt! The attention to detail is amazing! This pattern is or was offered by a local company Pearl Louise designs from The Thimble Cottage here in Rapid City. I'm going to check into this and see if the pattern is still available.
I LOVE this design, look closely at the attention to detail. There's a girl holding a mug and a black kitty on the chair it reminds me greatly of my Hannah and our kitty. This wall hanging is amazing!

A quilt that's called Chocolate Every Day, this pattern was offered by a local quilt- the Quilt Connection to be exact. I've got to see about getting this quilt pattern, it makes me think about my Hannah (the girl is ALL about CHOCOLATE).
This piece is simply stunning! It's done on one piece of fabric and all of the color you see is done with thread! This is just awe inspiring, don't you think so? Done with thread- Wow!


These next three are 3 variations of the same pattern "Mexican Star". I actually bought this pattern on clearance for $2.00 earlier this year. And now it's a HOT item once again and is being sold at every quilt shop in town for $8.95 plus every vendor at the quilt show had this pattern for sale- again for $8.95, this pattern is HOT STUFF! I love the Christmas colors! It's fantastic!
This one is done in desert colors and It too caught my eye- love those color combinations!
And here it is done up as a quilt. It's for of the Mexican Star design put together then made into a centerpiece for a bed quilt. What a great idea!
This kitty quilt is too cute for words! I think my kitty needs one of these, LOL!This is art, no doubt about it! The watercolor effect is outstanding!
This quilt took 3 years to make. The woman who made it hand sewed everything! It took 2 years to sew the colored pieces on to the white background fabric and another year to hand quilt it. It reminds me greatly of a Spirograph that I used to play with when I was a kid. This is what I would call a labor of love. The time and patience it takes to make a quilt like this is mind boggling. I admit it here in front of God and everyone, I do not have the kind of patience it takes to make a beautiful piece of art like this and I will stand up and applaud anyone and everyone who does!
And this quilt- my favorite one in the entire show. Trust me it was hard to pick one that would be my favorite but this was it for me! The attention to detail, the colors and the design- yup it has ME written all over it! I wonder how much something like this would cost? How many thousands of dollars do you think I'd have to fork over for something like this?

This makes me think of Andy Warhol and his designs. I see my daughter Hannah having something like this on her bed or draped on a quilt rack.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Oh my! I love the quilts!
Now you'll have to share the chocolate one :D And the Mexican Star. I've not seen anything like those here in Minot. And I spent time in the store on Saturday looking for some goodies after having to get new needles for stepmom's quilt sewing machine. I got a couple new patterns I can't remember now. :X And I have a couple to send you anyways : )
I can't wait for the next show up here now... talk about some inspirations!

Sandie said...

I've only touched the surface! There's much more! I bought a quilt pattern for Hannah from a vendor from Minot- no joke! The woman deisgned the pattern herself too! I think that the place is called The Rose Cottage but don't quote me on it.