INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Monday, June 09, 2008

My little patch of Heaven, my flower garden

After having such foul weather for what seems to be for forever, we finally got a long enough break from it to be able to work in the garden. I finally got to get almost off of the flowering plants I bought out of my family. Having it rain for so long and at such a furious pace has washed away some of the soil from my flower bed area. We needed to make some adjustments to the flower bed, we put a mixture of rocks and dirt around the base of the fence to help keep in the fertile soil, then we started putting the plants in the ground. I thought that I had bought plenty of plants to cover that area....yeah right! I bought enough to have about one quarter to one third of the area done. And those 10 bags of Cedar Bark Mulch, well they just barely covered the area that we planted, I need to buy at least 25 more bags of mulch to complete the job.

Now of course we're nearly half done getting the plants into the ground and those big dark gray almost black storm clouds come rolling in and then it starts- to HAIL! It was dime size, large enough to shred our newly planted foliage. I was happy that it didn't last long but it sure give us a good scare! I'll have to purchase some more plants up later on in the week. There's no use to get any before Thursday as neither of us will be able have any time to work in the garden until the weekend. The Forecast - It's busy week for both Lucien and myself!

No comments: