INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The last picture of Sandie and Kim...for at least a year!

I spent my afternoon feeling a little sorry for myself. One of my dearest friends left and I won't be able to see her for at least a year. I'm saying it now we WILL be going to Hawaii next year to visit the Greenlee Family and to have a family vacation! There's so much more I want to see of Oahu, places that I want my family to see things to experience.

So here it is, the last picture of me and my best bud Kim. It's a terrible picture of the two of us together- but then again that's what happens when you let others use your camera, need I say more? It also doesn't help that we've both been crying, have red eyes, we both have that blotchy German skin and wigged out hair from the South Dakotawind, LOL!

I started crying (again) half way through the change of command ceremony and couldn't stop myself. I was feeling so heart broken with the thought of not being able to call Kim up and invite her over for a craft session or to do scrapbooking with or to have lunch with. I'm sad at the thought that I won't be able to welcome her and baby Rachel home from the hospital next month.

I need to stop feeling sorry for myself and get myself busy with creating things for my home. I need to get involved in keeping my brain active and not to dwell on things that I have no control over...besides we can still talk on the phone and e-mail one another!


No comments: