INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Sunday, June 08, 2008

Saturday at home

I think it's funny when my cat decides that she's going to sleep in. Most mornings she's up when I'm up but every once in a while she decides that she's going to "sleep in". She must have worn herself out with all of her playing and running around chasing butterflies out of doors yesterday.

It was nice weather for most of the day, giving the ground time to dry out. The volume of water in the creek has started to decrease quite quickly, which is a good sign. While mowing the backyard yesterday my husband altered me to a sad discovery- a next of 6 wee baby bunnies all had drowned in the horrible rain storms. There was nothing to do but to say a prayer and to bury them in the field behind our house. I know that this is part of nature and that there will be more wee baby bunnies being born in the coming days weeks and months. But it tugs on your heart strings none the less.

Most children like to watch Cartoon Network, The Disney Channel or Nickelodeon on Saturdays-but not our daughter, it's all of those home make over shows for her on Saturdays! She's glued to HGTV and TLC! She made up a plan to rearrange her room, get rid of a couple of pieces of furniture and to replace with a couple of other pieces. Pretty cool plan but she loses out on her bookshelf and all of the storage space that it provided. But she was determined to get that (as she calls it) "that old thing" out of her room. It was something that we bought while we were stationed in either Maine or Texas- so either way, it's been something that we've had since before she was born, LOL! So Hannah convinces her Dad to take her out to do some shopping for some "new stuff" in her newly redesigned bedroom. They come back with a partition screen (which by the way IS seriously cool) and a new nightstand (she's been wanting a real nightstand for over a year now). They also came back with something that I wanted for my birthday- the RSVP Pink Onion Goggles, LOL! Since my darling husband bought the sewing cabinet for me I felt rather guilty asking for anything. This is something small and it didn't break the kids piggy banks, LOL!


I'm on the home stretch on my Chocolate Dreams quilt. The hand sewing takes a while and I like to do it while watching television. It should be finished by this evening then all I have to do it so make a a quilt label and sew it on. It's got to be done before Wednesday. Which reminds me, I need to get the label sewed onto my Cheese and Crackers quilt.

Now back to my design star Hannah- she's decided that she wants a new "theme" to her room- no more floral garden (which break my heart) but instead wants to go "Beach/Ocean" themed. I need to sit down with her today and discus what she wants her room to look like, what colors are we looking at doing and so forth. It's going to take quite a bit of design work to pull this off. I know that she wants me to make a special quilt for her room with a pillow sham, throw pillows, possibly a bed skirt and of course window treatments of some sort. Yesterday cracked me up, my darling husband was telling me what transpired on the father/daughter outing- the story about the throw pillows was priceless! Hannah spotted some throw pillows at Pier 1 Imports and even though they were on sale the cost for the 3 she has was $75 before the sales tax. Lucien tell Hannah that Mom (that's me) would kill him if he let her buy those pillows. So I get the story on what these pillows looked like and so forth and told them both that the pillow inserts for those throw pillows cost at the most about $4 each and fabric to cover them not more than maybe $4 plus the fact that I already have 4 or 6 of those pillow inserts here in the house. So it's time to bring my "Design Star" back into reality...that there's usually a sponsor for those makeover shows and someone also has to work their butt off making all of the stuff. Usually there's a team of people working on those kinds of projects but this will be just me on the sewing parts. I am curious to see what she comes up with. Oh well, it's not as if I'm working this summer - okay so it's more like the kind of work or working that includes getting a pay check, LOL!

No comments: